Tutorial how to set up ip address Debian 6 easily with images – IP settings are mandatory in the networking world. But the IP settings in Linux is very different from the IP settings in Windows. Especially if the Linux CLI (text-based), different from the windows that live click here Click there. Well, this time I will share the way IP settings in Debian 6 CLI.
- Enter root by typing “su ” and then enter the root password
- After that, type “Nano/etc/network/interfaces“, and then press ENTER
- Then, we will go in the IP setting page like this.
- Change and customize like this screenshoot:
- After that, save it with CTRL + X, press Y, then press ENTER.
- Then restart the interface by typing “/etc/init.d/networking restart “.
- Then check it by typing “Ifconfig ” And it will look like the following:
- If IP in eth0 is in accordance with the setting Agan, then settings are correct. If not try to check again in “/etc/network/interfaces“.